Sunday, 3 February 2008

Losing Big

A couple of years ago my daughter, Sarah, took up running and with that and watching her diet she lost 20 kg (44 lb) over a year and has maintained that loss ever since. About a year ago I had some blood tests that showed my carbohydrate, saturated fat and sugar intake was too high so I worked out a diet that suited me and as a byproduct of the new diet I lost weight. 20 kg over the course of a year and so far I've maintained that loss - and I still enjoy my new way of eating.

Now my eldest daughter, Emma has started on the weight loss journey. She is using an exercycle, swimming three times a week and watching her diet. In three weeks she has lost 4.1 kg.

Emma has set up a web page here where she is raising funds for Cure Kids. So giving to this excellent charity through her page will encourage her in her efforts. She is also reporting her weight loss each day in a pop-up blog you can see on the right hand column on her page, about half way down. Pop in now and again and check her progress - leave her a message of encouragement!

No comments: