Tuesday, 6 April 2010

Woven Quilts

I bought a new book recently, Simply Stunning Woven Quilts by Anna Faustino. So I treated myself to a play in the sewing room since I have now finished the most pressing of my UFOs. I still have UFOs and I intend to work on them before starting any other major project, but a little little quilt for the charity quilt auction at our club's next show was a 'refresher' before getting back to work. Here is the woven background and the finished quilt. It is called "Dusk over the Valley" and is A3 size (about 12"x 16")

3 comments:

Ali Honey said...

That looks like a fun new approach to a small pictorial quilt. Do you intend to do more like it?

Was it easy or fiddly?

Janice said...

Hi Ali

I will do some more - maybe use the results as a piece of fabric rather than as a background. It was reasonably easy and fun to do. Anna's instructions are clear and easy to follow.

Del Soden said...

wow! love your work!
Will come back again to see what you are up to.
Meanwhile, I'm going to tell my Face Book quilty mates about your blog. It's worth following.