Helen’s sewing machine is on the right and mine on the left. Through the window you can see the washing Helen shamed me into hanging up. I had misjudged the day and left it in the laundry to put in the dryer at some stage but the day was lovely and sunny at lunchtime and Helen pointed out what a good day it was for drying the washing so I took the hint and hung it out!
It was a neat day. We had grilled chicken with lemon and a chickpea salad and a glass of white wine for lunch. Helen worked on a fractured landscape – she will be posting pictures on her blog I’m sure, but you can get a glimpse of it on the cutting table in the pictures here. I finished the top of the Orange Explosion. It’s been turned 90 deg at Nellie’s suggestion and I think it looks great.
I also did some more quilting on the community quilt that I need to finish this week. I had made a promise to myself that I would finish the two quilts (orphan blocks and community quilt) that were ready for quilting before doing any more work on the Orange Quilt – but I broke that when I couldn’t resist working on the Orange One this morning. So I now have 3 tops that need quilting before I can start any more quilts. And that is so hard to do!! But it was easier with Helen to talk to.