Remember I was wondering if I have time to finish Delph II in time to submit it for the show? Well, I've finished Delph III so I'm going to have a go. I've got until Saturday morning to finish and I don't know if I will manage it as I also have the sleeves to sew on the backs of the other 9 quilts I am submitting for the show.
The first picture shows Delph II as it is at the moment. I've got about 2/3 of the black satin stitching around the florets finished. I've got maybe 1/3 of the pale satin stitching around the edges of the background diamonds done.
The second picture is my concept of how I might finish it. I took the photo into Photoimpact and scribbled some dark "stitching" in behind the flower heads for stems and shadows. I drew pale stitching over the rest of the background and painted in a border. Unfortunately, I don't have fabric like that to make the border! But I could come close I think.