Sunday, 15 April 2007

Late Autumn

Life is slowing down a bit as the delphinium seed season winds down. Terry had time to work in the garden yesterday and has rearranged the outdoor furniture making a lovely coffee spot in the courtyard. He even weeded my neglected herb pots!

I've had time to get up to mischief too. I make a lot of large quilts for family children and they have minimal quilting because its so hard to wrestle them through my domestic sewing machine soooooooo, I've ordered a Swiftquilter and Juki TL98P machine. I got the whole deal which is presented at the bottom of that page and it should arrive next week!! How exciting is that? Of course, it means totally reorganising my sewing room. I downloaded a room planner and sorted out where everything will go. Here's what I've come up with:

The quilter table can be pulled out in front of the design wall when it in use so I can get round all sides of it. (That gray part of the wall opposite the bed is the pinboard I use for a design wall.) The two cupboards opposite the cutting table are my fabric cupboards - one of them is still in its flat pack. This is all going to require a major effort to achieve as there is a lot of other stuff in the room at the moment that will have to be removed. Working bee anyone?

4 comments:

Helen said...

Just name the day and I'll be out (just as long as it is the weekend!)

Anonymous said...

A working Bee sounds good. Then I can look at your fabric stash. he he. Frances

Janice said...

thanks Helen, Frances, Donna! - Lets meet 10.00 am Sunday 29th - we should power through it and end up with a few sacks of 'stuff' to donate to a worthy (or even an unworthy)cause! I'll provide lunch and coffee...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time for me to be somewhere else.....but there's a lot to do in the garden. Of course I could do the gardening in the afternoons during the week couldn't I, and go for a walk along the beach on Sunday.