Thursday, 26 April 2007

Finished is Good!

Here is the first quilt done with the SwiftQuilter: front, back and back closeup. I know some of you eagled-eyed quilters will see birds nests on the back. And do you know what? I don't care! Weeeeeeell..... ok, that's not strictly true, I didn't used to care. Up until recently I've been more focused on the design on the front than the finish on the back. And since I've learnt to care I have still to learn to pull my back thread through to the front and hold it out of the way when I make a new start. And there were more than a few new starts. But that's ok, that was a practice quilt :-) - and finished is good!

Have you tried quinoa? Its yummy. If you need to eat a gluten free diet you should try this. Before you go to bed, put 1/4 cup quinoa grain, 1/4 cup wholewheat rice flakes, 1/4 cup raisins, 1 cup milk (soy if that's what you use), 1 cup water, 2 tblsp rice bran (or not if you don't need the extra bran), 1 tblsp LSA meal (or ground almonds) and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Stir. Cover the bowl with a plate or tin foil. Place the bowl on an upturned saucer in your slow cooker. Fill the slow cooker to half way up the bowl with cold water. Turn the slow cooker on low. In the morning your porridge is hot and delicious! Serves 2.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Hey Janice, that is a pretty damn good effort for the first time on a quilting frame! The stitches look very even to me. Love the back and the front and I can't see the bird's nests from here!