On Saturday Helen came over to bring the new club banner which she had pieced. I am taking it over now and I will satin stitch around the edges of all the letters and then layer and quilt it. Helen also brought me a present - a white flannelette sheet to replace the green one on my design wall. I have complained about the green sheet and how poorly quilts photograph with a pale green background but I wasn't able to find any plain white sheets at the time. Thanks for thinking of me Helen! And here is a photo of the Row by Row (with some sashing ideas) on the new white wall - and by the way, there are more flower heads to be stuck on the stems on the wild flower strip between the two lowest rows.
And here is a photo of the first letter on the banner, satin stitched with the embroidery thread Helen gave me. I have tried both reels Helen and both broke when I went too fast. I'll see how they go if I keep the speed down! I ironed on some light interfacing before doing the satin stitch and I'm using a wide 2-step zig zag because we want the wide white edging to make the letters stand out from the background. I know my stitching isn't as smooth as it could be but I'm sure that by the time I've finished the banner it will be much better!