Monday, 3 March 2008

Four Seasons Swap - Spring

Well, even though I feel a bit overwhelmed with Stuff-To-Do, I signed up for another season in the Four Seasons Swap. I gave the Winter Season a miss because we were just coming into Summer and it was hard to get into a winter mood.

But Spring in Autumn doesn't seem so hard to imagine and I have some lovely photos Terry took a few years ago of our tulips flowering in Spring. I'll use these as the basis for my quilt. Just like last time, I will need to tweak the colours a little to fit in with my partner's preferences.

There are a number of different ways I design quilts - using EQ6, making blocks and putting them on a design wall, or drawing a picture. Sometimes I will use all these tools in one quilt. This time I will draw a picture from these photographs and make the centre before I decide on a border. I may at that stage, take a photo of the finished centre and bring it into EQ6 to help decide on a border. Or I might just put a plain border on and do some "fancy quiltin" on it.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I don't know what you're planning, but those red tulips are stunning!...I do love them

LuĂ­sa Silva said...

What a wonderful source of inspiration. Anxious to see the your spring quilt