Sunday, 26 August 2007

Nearly Finished


I've only got the label to do now. I've used a very thin batting as I wanted it to be suitable for use as a table centrepiece. I won't attach any hanging system but I will include three little rings that could be sewn to the back for hanging if my partner wishes. I'm quite pleased with it. The colours work and, even though I changed the right-hand border from the original design, its still balanced. Want to know why I changed it? Well, I cut the strips, sewed them together, cut the 45 deg angle for three of the border pieces that make up the bottom and right hand borders - and then cut the fourth border piece out of one of the others! I pieced two more borders and made two more mistakes (in size and then in colour)! So I gave up trying to make the border as designed and started fresh. The quilting is fairly basic, just a meander in variegated thread that suggests air flow or a windy day.

10 comments:

Helen said...

Fantastic! I love the asymmetrical border. You are so clever!

Unknown said...

I like your quilt very much and the borders too. The quilting is very well done. All in all, a very autumn quilt. Take care.

Fiona said...

I like the rust colours against the blue sky - and what a fabulous way to use up those scraps.

Unknown said...

This is lovely - just the sort of thing I wouldn't dare to attempt: piecing all those triangles

Anonymous said...

I do like the seagull fabric. It gives a breezy seaside feel to what is usually considered an inland subject. Frances

Judith said...

Just beautifull. I really like it.

Rose Marie said...

It's gorgeous! Your partner is a very lucky lady.

Shelina said...

This is a beautiful quilt. I am sure it will be much appreciated.

Anne Ida said...

This is lovely! Very Auumny :o) Whoever recieves this will be very pleased!

hortenzita said...

It is a wonderful quilt! I am so fortunate to have it. Thank you so much Janice!