Helen tagged me with the 8 Random Facts meme while I was away – ok, I’ll play – up to a point…
- Post these rules before you give your facts. OK.
- List 8 random facts about yourself. OK – see below
- At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them. Nope – sorry, I know it probably means I’m a grumpy old lady- but I don’t pass on chain letters or email jokes or poems or inspirational power point presentations either…
- Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged. Not necessary, see 3 above.
2. I love colour. I love to make art and decorate our life with colour. I think I quilt because the colour in quilting is easier to control than when you are painting – its discrete, can be held in your hand, measured (auditioned) against the next piece, exchanged and replaced to get it exactly right. My wardrobe and my house are also full of colour. I get bored very quickly with black and white photographs…
3. A memory foam topper for your mattress is the height of luxury – if you are considering getting one don’t hesitate for a minute longer. If your mattress is uncomfortable, consider one.
4. I have, over the years, worked as a: shoe shop assistant, motel cleaner, radish grower, strawberry picker, packer in a lingerie factory, nuclear radiographer, gherkin jar packer, chrysanthemum grower, children’s camp cook, petrol pump attendant, photographic retoucher, kiwifruit quality control inspector, office administrator.
5. I’ve worn glasses since I was 14 – and when I was younger I loved the feeling of being able to hide behind them. Then when I had babies, I loved to hide behind the babies – you remember when you were a young mother? Everyone focussed on the baby and ignored you? That gave me the sensation of hiding behind the baby – just as I had previously had the sensation of hiding behind my glasses.
6. I think the internet is the biggest revolution in communication since the printing press – and we are lucky enough to see it happen.
7. My favourite meal (which we are having tonight) is grilled scotch fillet, microwaved broccoli with hollandaise sauce and tomato salad.
8. I don’t like the colour pink – pink-pink, salmon pink is ok, old pink is ok even but not that real pink with the blue in it, you know the one I mean? Barbie pink and all its friends and family, the ONLY colour, for goodness sake, that you can buy anything that is meant for little girls in – all their clothes, shoes, toys, bags and all are this horrible PINK! And the garden when we moved to our present house was all planted in pink, and the curtains, and the KITCHEN were all pink. URGHH. Now you’ve got me started – has anyone else objected to the fact that the only clothes you could buy over that last few winters were black, white, grey or red? Or PINK if you were LUCKY??