Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Nursery Quilt Part 1 made

So, the first part is completed.  I know the cat is facing the wrong way but it didn't really matter and it saved getting my tracing box out. Oh, ok, it was a mistake - alright?  I haven't sewn the edge of the applique down, I will do this at the quilting stage and at the moment I intend to machine blanket stitch the edge of the applique because it is a nursery quilt. Making this section took an hour from choosing fabric to a final pressing. It doesn't look pressed does it?

I actually chose fabric for the whole quilt - I am going for a scrappy look but keeping to mostly primary colours with a little cream and green. I'm going to keep track of the time taken to make the whole quilt just so I have some idea of what to say next time someone ask "How long does it take to make one of these?"

No comments: