Wednesday, 10 September 2008

NANZQ Quilts Aotearoa

I've entered 3 quilts in NANZQ Quilts Aotearoa this year and I heard today that 2 of them have been accepted. Its a juried show and the best reason for entering is to get the judges' critique on your work. I think its funny though that the quilt I like best was the one rejected. Now we are all waiting for next week, 17th September to hear how the judging went. I'm not expecting to win a prize though, the competition is very hot and I'm happy to just have my quilts accepted.
 


  

These are the three I entered: Orange Vase, Delphinium II and Delphinium III. Delphinium II was not accepted. The judges' comments on Delphinium II were: "Nice background, great colour combinations, flowers need grounding to inner border." I guess I have to wait until after the judging to get the comments on the other two.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats- two out of three is not bad! I have loved Delphinium III since you first posted it and Orange Vase really ought to be a winner.

Good luck! When is the judging?

Janice said...

Thanks Sarah - another whole week to wait!

Anonymous said...

Wow they must have been groping to eliminate as the one not included is by far my favourite. Elizabeth

Janice said...

Thanks Elizabeth :-) I agree with you but I think it is that this particular judge can't get passed the 'floating' appearance of the florets. She didn't like it in the last show I entered it in either :-(

Helen said...

Can't wait to hear the results :-)

meggie said...

Well my favourite is the one rejected too. However, they are all wonderful.