Saturday, 8 December 2007

Aimee's Fairies

Progress on the Fairy Front - and back. I should have this on the quilting frame this week. This quilt has been shown previously here and here. The darkish green border makes the green more dominant, cools down the pink but the photos really don't show the colour properly at all, this quilt has been very hard to photograph. I just put together some of the other fairy and butterfly fabric that was left to make up the back.

I'm a bit nervous about quilting it on the Swiftquilter frame. I want to do some detailed quilting in the centre which will probably need to be done on the table. Do I just quilt around the centre and then take it off the frame and finish it on the table? or will that cause puckering if the quilt is not quilted evenly on the frame? Should I pin it and quilt the centre before putting it on the frame to finish the quilting on the rest of the quilt? Or should I try to quilt the centre on the frame? I want to quilt flowers and leaves in amongst the roses and birds and butterflies on the sky...

Please - give me advice if you have any!

2 comments:

Helen said...

This quilt looks great! I am sure you can do it on the frame!!!

EGE said...

I have no quilting advice, but I just wanted to write and say that you've inspired me. After Christmas, I am going to pick up my knitting needles that have been lying fallow for lo, these many years...

I may only have the staying power to knit the scarf Johnny's been wanting, but I'm going to DO it, darn it!